Join the HPE Security - Data Security team now
Director Business Development & Technical Alliances
To continue our high growth and to meet the demands of emerging market opportunities, we are seeking an experienced, motivated, and creative industry leader to manage our strategic business development & technical alliances relationships. This includes partners from among the set spanning big data technology vendors, systems vendors (HPE Non-Stop, Teradata), data integration vendors, security hardware vendors, cloud and email gateway vendors, and partners integrating HPE Security – Data Security technology into their solutions.
Working closely with the Senior Director of Business Development, the VP of Product Management and product management organization, and in alignment with sales strategy and revenue goals, the Director of Business Development & Technical Alliances, will be responsible for managing key technical alliance partner relationships fostering a solutions approach with a priority of helping to drive revenue growth from the partnerships. The deliverables will be new, combined offerings with partners which bring the power of HPE Security – Data Security’s data-centric security to enterprise customers and revenue attainment from them.
You will be a self-motivated, passionate individual who lives and breathes business development and technical partnerships with particular interest in disruptive technology in high value dynamic markets. In particular, you will have a background in owning strategic technical partner relationships in a growing line of business in enterprise software, ideally with a background in information security. As a business leader, you will be looking to take full ownership of business and technical alliance strategies, new joint solution concepts, partner education and development to build go-to-market offerings to delight customers and grow into new, profitable markets over the world. The role will require cross collaboration with HPE Security – Data Security Product Management teams, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Professional Services and will involve ownership of the Technical Alliances that exist today and new relationships as required.
With the data breach risk and threat landscape changing constantly and with new cloud and big data initiatives adding new dimensions to the problem of securing data, your knowledge and expertise in forming successful go-to-market partnerships will set aside as a leader the HPE Security – Data Security organization. You will have passion about your business solution and your partners – and be a leader capable of deciding where future alliance relationships and growth will be made to maximize customer value and the company’s success.
At HPE Security – Data Security, you will have access to some of the world’s foremost experts in data security and cryptography through our relationships to world-class academic, business and technical leaders and advisor to bounce your ideas and concepts to while learning new and exciting techniques from the industry’s best.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to create and drive new business and technical partnerships at a time where enterprise and government requirements for data-centric security are rising rapidly and growth opportunities abound.
You will have proven skills and experience in Business Development and Technical Alliance management and capabilities in the following areas:
- Framing and managing business partner and technical alliance relationships spanning executives and technologists for sales enablement
- Enterprise and service provider software experience, typically in data and enterprise infrastructure software, related to compliance and security
- Cloud and Big Data market savvy, to take advantage of new partnership strategies beyond the traditional technical partnerships.
- Understanding of encryption, tokenization, and key management a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud, data integration, databases and data warehouses a plus.
- Analysis and forecast skills to value technical alliance benefits and revenue potential.
- Quick business decision making skills for laser focused prioritization, taking product capabilities, emerging market needs, blending them with partners to create new offerings aligned to top use cases.
- Top class presentation skills to sell your ideas internally to a receptive and dynamic executive management team, partners and analysts.
- Working with cross function teams to leverage solutions in a collaborative way at all times including U.S. and European teams.
- Big picture business views, but staying close to the details that count in establishing a clear execution plan with identified partners, strategies, goals and resources.
- No fear of new, disruptive, technical innovation to open new markets and opportunities outside the norm and traditional landscape including Hadoop, Azure, AWS and the new breed of high
- performance enterprise platforms and integration methods.
- Experience with high growth, emerging technologies, and the fast paced exciting environment that comes with it.
- Media skills as a bonus to boost your joint solutions PR and analyst equity.
- An MBA or substantial equivalent experience.
You will thrive on challenge, have an aptitude to learn new technologies quickly, and will take advantage of the deep skills sets and industry leadership available at your fingertips to hone your skills and drive the business opportunities as an Agile Leader and hero.
Detailed Responsibilities include:
- Own the technical alliance strategy and roadmap for assigned partners, working within Business Development and with Product Management to align product offerings, go-to-market sales and marketing support.
- Model revenue projections for alliances to align company growth goals to allow prioritization by both revenue and competitive advantage.
- Engaging alliance partners frequently to maintain influence and repeat success.
- Analysis of emerging markets, evaluating investment concepts, and building business cases for joint technical solutions with Product Management teams.
- Business analysis skills, and the ability to translate business planning into alliance program execution during integration and initial go-to-market for sales development hand off.
- Supporting joint alliance marketing strategies for lead and demand generation with core content and market direction strategies for growth for your joint offering.
- Working actively with the entire organization to ensure happy joint customers, providing high level support for alliance related sales efforts, including competitor profiles, sales training and tools.
- Interfacing with our varied partners, to understand their strategies and to ensure that the technical alliance strategy continues to align to their success and vision.
- Excellent listening, presentation verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to analyze and communicate technical issues, lead discussions, and influence decisions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Development and Technical Alliance management in the software industry, with solid evidence of having successfully framed, enabled and managed revenue productive business partnerships.
- Prior work experience involve with security products, with encryption specifically as a bonus,
- Skills as a self-motivated entrepreneur who thrives in a high paced collaborative environment – self-starting, eager to learn, good-humored and creative.
- Passion for competition, being a top performer, and the ability to maintain personable relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Solid partner engagement skills and the ability to work within a large team environment.
- Excellent collaboration skills with a wide variety of internal team members.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where organizational skills are essential and have strong problem solving, interpersonal and ownership skills – with the ability to make good business decisions that have significant impact accelerating the company’s growth.
If you believe you are qualified and wish to apply for this great job opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
If you want to join the largest privately-held encryption and key management company with large customers in government, financial services, and healthcare, work with new and exciting technology, and help to create the next generation of security solutions, we want to hear from you. Please review our open positions and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.