Join the HPE Security - Data Security team now
Senior Sales Engineer – Payments
HPE Security – Data Security, an enterprise security company is looking for senior sales engineers who will be responsible for providing superior pre-sales support to customer sites. You will present and demonstrate technologies and manage and run complex proof-of- concepts. You must possess previous success as a Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Consultant or Product Manager with a deep understanding of the Payments ecosystem; such as Payments Processors, Merchants, Payment Switches, etc.
This position requires about 50% travel within the United States.
- Provide pre-sales technical support that will propel deals forward to close
- Execute successful POCs (includes writing code if necessary)
- Liaise with executive technical teams from CTO to Development and Operations during sales engagements
- Demonstrate and present product information that solves customer’s problems
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs
- Provide feedback internally to enhance the product, processes and knowledge including authoring papers and creating technical materials as needed
- Build strong relationships with customers so you can advance deals
- Work with partners, including global systems integrators, as a mentor and subject matter expert
- Strong working knowledge of acquiring banks/payments processors
- Strong working knowledge of full payments ecosystem and vendors within integrated POS, ECR and other related segments
- Ability to utilize a strategic, solution oriented approach to illustrate and create interest for our unique value proposition within all segments of the payments industry
- Experience in payments system security, including familiarity with PCI DSS requirements and related X9 standards
- Ability to utilize a strategic, solution-oriented approach to illustrate and create interest for our unique value proposition with senior level executives within all segments of the payments industry
- Understanding of embedded software environments, devices, and technology in the payments and POS system space
- Experience and working knowledge of card issuer and/or association ecosystem
- Experience within Payments standards bodies
- Software oriented experience outside of the Payments industry
- Minimum of 7 or more years of experience in acquirer/payments ecosystem and/or card issuer/association ecosystem, with 5 of those in a direct customer interface role
- B.S. with technical degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Embedded systems experience
- Knowledge about ACH protocols
- Programming background (Java, C, C++)
- Working knowledge of symmetrical and public key encryption, preferable using BSafe, OpenSSL or CryptoAPI/CNG
- General knowledge of industry security regulations and compliance concerns (PCI DSS, SOX)
- Working knowledge of SQL on Oracle or MS SQL Server
Please submit resumes for consideration to: email@example.com.
If you want to join the largest privately-held encryption and key management company with large customers in government, financial services, and healthcare, work with new and exciting technology, and help to create the next generation of security solutions, we want to hear from you. Please review our open positions and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.