Voltage Security Extends Data-centric Mobile Security with New Alliance Program
Cupertino, CA – June 26, 2012 – Voltage Security®, the world leader in data-centric encryption and key management, today announced the Voltage Security Mobile Plus Alliance, a program designed to bring together best-of-breed mobile solutions that extend and enhance the mobile security of Voltage Security Mobile Plus products. Alliance companies are working with Voltage to deploy their solutions in collaboration with the recently announcedVoltage SecureMail Mobile Edition to provide more comprehensive, data-centric protection of mobile platforms.
Currently, the alliance comprises companies that provide market-leading mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), mobile content protection and mobile data leak protection (DLP). Alliance companies announced today are Apperian, Good Technology, MobileIron, OpenPath Products and Websense.
“Enterprises are struggling with vendor selection due to the pace of change in the mobile industry and the intricacies of tying together enterprise mobile security solutions in a manageable way,” said Jeremy Stieglitz, vice president business development for Voltage Security. “By bringing together these best-of-breed solutions, customers can be confident that these technologies work together to augment enterprise mobile security.”
The Voltage Security Mobile Plus Initiative, announced in February, is a comprehensive approach to providing data-centric enterprise security for mobile devices, applications and data.
Recently, Voltage announced the first in a series of products as part of this initiative, the Voltage SecureMail Mobile Edition, which protects confidential messages and attachments, while mitigating the risk of data breaches and meeting the needs of compliance mandates. Transparent to use and easy to implement and scale, without adding complexity and overhead for key management, Voltage SecureMail Mobile Edition cements Voltage Security’s leadership in delivering a data-centric approach to protecting data on leading mobile devices.
Each of the alliance companies brings valuable extensions to enterprise security for email and related mobile device management. They include the following:
- Apperian: delivers enterprise mobility services to securely manage the full lifecycle of mobile apps for iOS, Android, and BlackBerry.”Our goal in joining this alliance is to help enterprises resolve issues as they deal with mounting mobile security demands,” said Cimarron Buser, vice president business development, Apperian. “Our customers want a complete toolset with technology that works together for efficient, global deployment and easy administration.”
- Good Technology: allows for secure management and delivery of enterprise collaboration tools, apps and data on a range of mobile devices including iOS, Android and Windows Mobile phones.”As companies increasingly expand support for BYOD programs, their mobile ecosystems are becoming increasingly diversified, which can be daunting for IT managers,” said Hervé Danzelaud, vice president of business development, Good Technology. “By expanding our relationship with Voltage, we can allow our joint customers to seamlessly access and manage both their Good for Enterprise and Voltage SecureMail environments, and now extend that security from email alone out to other apps and data on a range of mobile devices, which helps ease the burden on IT.”
- MobileIron: provider of security and management for mobile apps, content, and devices.”Mobile apps and devices are driving a massive shift in the enterprise as IT departments transform to deliver Mobile IT services,” said Ojas Rege, vice president of strategy, MobileIron. “Mobile IT teams need comprehensive, enterprise-grade mobile security that still permits their users to choose the apps and devices that make them the most productive.”
- OpenPath Products: provider of secure mobile app development.”We are seeing an increasing demand for secure enterprise mobile applications,” said Johanna Wilson, CEO, OpenPath Products. “As the leader in data-centric encryption and key protection, Voltage is a great partner in bringing security to leading mobile devices.”
- Websense: provider of mobile content protection, mobile DLP and mobile web security protection.”The creation of this mobile security ecosystem addresses an important pain point for our customers,” said Jonathan Wilkinson, director of product management for Websense. “The combination of Voltage’s data-centric encryption with Websense’s e-mail and data loss prevention solutions ensures our customers can embrace the productivity benefits of mobile devices while securing their data beyond the corporate network.”
About Voltage Security
Voltage Security®, Inc. is the world leader in providing data-centric encryption and key management solutions for combating new and emerging security threats. With innovative, powerful and easy-to-use encryption and tokenization solutions for protecting sensitive business data, Voltage customers are able to address privacy regulations and best practices from around the world. Voltage customers adopting data-centric encryption include some of the largest companies in the world across a wide variety of industries including payments, financial, insurance, medical, e-commerce and more. Voltage solutions include three groundbreaking encryption approaches: Identity-Based Encryption (IBE), Format-Preserving Encryption (FPE), and Page-Integrated Encryption (PIE). Voltage solutions have changed how enterprises protect their most valuable assets—their customer data. Offerings include Voltage SecureMail, Voltage SecureData, Voltage SecureData Payments, Voltage SecureFile, Voltage SecureData Web and Voltage Cloud Services, which provides cloud scale encryption and key management for their businesses, partners and customers. The company has been issued several patents based upon breakthrough research in mathematics and cryptographic systems. To learn more about Voltage customers please visit voltage.com/customers.
Voltage Identity-Based Encryption, Voltage Format-Preserving Encryption, Page Integrated Encryption, Voltage SecureMail, Voltage SecureData, Voltage SecureData Payments, Voltage SecureData Web, Voltage SecureFile, and Voltage Cloud Services are trademarks of Voltage Security, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.