Voltage Security Introduces Powerful New Email Encryption Capabilities
Palo Alto, CA — February 24, 2009 — Voltage Security, the global leader in information encryption, today released significant enhancements to Voltage SecureMail, known for some of the world’s largest email encryption implementations. Now, Voltage SecureMail Version 3.5 adds several new upgrades that enables greater ease of adoption while improving scalability and enhancing usability. New capabilities include the transparent sending and receiving of large file attachments, a new setup assistant which enables enterprise IT administrators to install and configure the system in less than 20 minutes and the Voltage eDiscovery Compliance Tool that makes it easier to search archived messages.
“Voltage SecureMail builds on our market momentum, enhancing the depth of the overall solution while adding to its simplicity and ease of use, which have attracted so many enterprises,” said Wasim Ahmad, vice president of marketing, Voltage Security, Inc. “It also responds to customer requests for features such as simplified large attachment delivery and advancements that make it easier to handle growing compliance requirements.”
(Note to Editors: Please see recent announcement Voltage Security protects email at Wells Fargo)
New capabilities in Voltage SecureMail include the following options:
- eDiscovery Compliance Tool, which automatically decrypts email in message archives and ensures fast and easy full-content search and access during the eDiscovery process.
- Large Attachment Delivery Module, which enables users to send and receive encrypted email that contains large file attachments without the user having to do anything differently.
- Archive Connector for Symantec Enterprise Vault, which automatically decrypts all secure email as it passes from Microsoft Exchange to the Symantec Enterprise Vault for secure storage. This facilitates full-text searches during the eDiscovery process, while maintaining the highest levels of security for confidential email.
- Secure File and Document Encryption, which enables users to encrypt any file and share it with anybody—inside or outside the organization. Recipients can read the file with the freely downloadable Voltage SecureReader. This makes it easy to secure sensitive files at any time, regardless of where they reside.
- Anti-Phishing Module assigns each user a secure image, which is presented with every Voltage SecureMail message received. This assures the recipient of the authenticity of the secure email to protect against phishing attacks and dramatically improves the trustworthiness of secure email.
- Statement Generation Module, which supports bulk email generation and integrates with all back-end systems. (Used in conjunction with the anti-phishing add-on, it brings even more confidence to statement delivery.)
Additional highlights of Voltage SecureMail 3.5 enhancements include:
- Mobile support improvements, including custom templates that make it easier to read and navigate through email on RIM BlackBerry, Apple iPhone, Microsoft Windows Mobile or even Google Android-based phones.
- Console setup assistant, which enables new customers to deploy the solution in under 20 minutes.
- Federation whitelist support, providing greater control over the distribution of keys within a company’s extended business network, which is particularly useful for healthcare networks that need to control the distribution of keys to covered HIPAA entities.
- Built-in IBM Lotus Domino LDAP adapter—now available out-of-the-box so that administrators can easily and quickly configure LDAP for user authentication.
Pricing & Availability
Available today, Voltage SecureMail starts at $55K for single data center deployments. Voltage SecureMail is also available as a SaaS option through the Voltage Security Network (VSN), allowing enterprise business partners, small businesses and professionals to gain immediate on-demand email encryption at a manageable cost.
About Voltage SecureMail
With some of the largest customer implementations and an expanding Fortune 500 customer list, Voltage SecureMail is the fastest growing email encryption solution in the industry. Based on Voltage’s breakthrough Identity-Based Encryption (IBE), Voltage SecureMail provides highly usable and scalable end-to-end content-level encryption for internal and external email, system-generated, portal and mobile communications.
Voltage SecureMail removes the costs and complexities associated with other systems in two ways. First, it eliminates costly overhead, including requirements for key management, multiple delivery methods and recipient-side client software. And second, it integrates easily with existing infrastructures and mail systems and requires no training of end users. As a result, organizations can protect confidential information while complying with privacy regulations without impeding day-to-day business. For more information and to learn more about the breakthrough technologies used to develop this and other Voltage solutions, please visit www.voltage.com/products.
About Voltage Security
Voltage Security, Inc., an enterprise security company, is the global leader in information encryption. Voltage solutions, based on next generation cryptography, provide encryption that just works for protecting valuable, regulated and sensitive information persistently and based on policy. Voltage delivers power, simplicity and the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry through the use of award-winning Voltage Identity-Based Encryption (IBE) and a new breakthrough innovation: Format-Preserving Encryption (FPE). Voltage Security offerings include Voltage SecureMail, Voltage SecureData and the Voltage Security Network (VSN), an on-demand managed service for the extended business network.
Voltage Security is the number one OEM provider of email encryption technology in the world with OEMs that include Microsoft, Proofpoint, Secure Computing, Sendmail, Canon, Code Green Networks and NTT Communications. The Company has been issued several patents based upon breakthrough research in mathematics and cryptographic systems. Customers include Global 2000 companies in banking, retail, insurance, energy, healthcare and government, such as American Board of Family Medicine, Diebold, Integro Insurance Brokers, Eastman Kodak, NTT Communications, SafeAuto Insurance, Winterthur Life UK Ltd. and XL Global Services. For more information please visit http://www.voltage.com.
Voltage Identity-Based Encryption, Voltage Format-Preserving Encryption, Voltage SecureMail, Voltage SecureFile, Voltage SecureData and the Voltage Security Network (VSN), are registered trademarks of Voltage Security, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.